The concrete canoe design team makes the seemingly improbable float.
We are one of the few teams that include both a technical aspect and a more physical racing aspect. Through our different sub-teams, each member can find the place that fits them best, while still working with the entire team to create a final product.
What Do We Do?
The concrete canoe design team designs and builds a canoe mold that is placed with-in a concrete mix that is manufactured to be strong and lightweight. The team takes the canoe to competition for races on open water, as well as judged components: technical paper and presentation, and aesthetics and display of the canoe.
Where Do You Fit In?
The team accepts all majors, however, we are hoping to recruit mechanical engineers, to compliment the skills of civil and ceramic engineering recruits.
- the mix sub-team focuses on concrete design and testing which can relate to civil and ceramic engineers.
- the hull team is interested in recruiting mechanical engineers since NX is used in the hull design.
- the display team creates and designs a theme for the canoe and display board.
- the PR team plans and organizes our outreach and recruitment events.
- the paddle team is for anyone interested in racing the canoe at the competition.
What Will You Gain?
- Members can gain team working and leadership skills.
- The team allows for the concepts taught in the lectures and labs to be applied.
- Members can gain 3D modeling skills.
- Members can understand the design and testing process of making a product.
What Sets Us Apart?
A tight-knit team that comes together to accomplish all goals. Create a concrete canoe that floats. 3D Design work to mixing and placing concrete
Have a Question?
We would love to hear from you! If you have any questions about our team, team expectations, or how to join, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.